Friday, June 3, 2011

There's a campaign starting today @KeyLargoFL on Twitter

My name is Benjamin Alexander Thaddeus John Horbowy; I am 28 years old and I lead a large international following from my iPhones over 40 social media accounts that cast to a variety of demographics. Most people online know me as "Frido" #vivafrido!

After 6 years of active national guard humanitarian service & hurricane relief in Florida, I started a successful sales career which lead me into banking. My grandpa told me that would be the most secure industry to work in. In 2008, I was laid off in the banking crisis. Then I watched every minute of CNBC for months. It was the most interesting News we've seen in years. My grandpa was right in his advice... but in his generation. In my day, these "crazy kids" vote for a president on twitter, we youtube all our funny pranks, and check in on foursquare for lunch as an open invitation to any friend my phone knows is geographically near.

I have been on unemployment for over two and half years searching, interviewing, being turned down, or offered sub-par work that will end in a month, but may jeopardize my steady government check. It hurts after a while, especially when some employers lead me on just to get ideas for their staff to do. I want to work, but it's hard to find someone who can hire me in today's economy. I don't understand! I prefer pure commission. If I don't sell, I don't get paid- why can't they hire me?!

All my free time, I watch news looking for opportunity, the next booming industry, and trends. I learned that the jobs are in innovative methods to utilize social media to bring attention to a business. I have created a lot of buzz, but haven't landed a product to sell... Instead, I found a city to sell.

I moved to Key Largo after visiting my cousin here steadily for 6 years. Now, her daughter is 3 and I want to be a good Uncle Benni for her. I have been told to move to Miami, New York, LA, or even Europe to find work. I don't want to work for tons of money. I've worked for the largest bank in the world. I see that working for others isn't in my best interest. I can work on my iPhone from a boat in Blackwater Sound. It doesn't make sense to me to wait in the traffic, hear that noise, feel the pavement, and eat frozen seafood. To me, the Keys are Heaven on Earth. I want to go to Heaven.

Today, I will be walking along the road around Key Largo waving my Conch Republic flag and tweeting about my b2b job search. Twitter is playing @FindFrido and anyone who finds me can get a #shoutout from #TeamKEYS. I programed my software to mention two local business on twitter three times an hour from 9- 4:20. I did a days worth of work before 8:30. The goal is to create enough buzz for the two businesses to write a letter of recommendation of my talent to the newspaper.

Believe this- Key Largo is an international tourist attraction. People now use twitter to ask where to eat in cities they never been to. Google and Facebook is near obsolete- don't even think about trying to get someone under 35 to find you in the phone book. I hope that this town gets on board of social multimedia soon. There's a presidential race soon and they are using social media as a tool to farm for stories and votes. If we want to be heard about our culture in the Keys, we need to get with the times... or hire someone who is. I am here! You can't miss me. I'm wearing a red and white soccer jersey from my girlfriend's hometown #Barranquilla, red shorts, signature straw fedora, and waving the Conch Republic flag.

@BenniFrido

Watch my #Pitbull Apple Store Dance at @ShopDadeland www.youtube.com/watch?v=paliLA22qsY

Location:Overseas Hwy,Key Largo,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment